Summer is here and these past couple of months I have been really interested and trying to get healthy and fit. I’m not looking to lose weight or try crazy diets, I just want to live a healthier lifestyle and be more active. Here are some tips!
1) Drink lots of water – bring a bottle everywhere you go (I am bad at this step but trying! And my water bottle is right beside me today!)
2) Eat healthy snacks – be creative! This doesn’t mean that you have to completely ditch junk food, but try and stick with the 80/20 rule. 80% of your day’s food should be healthy, while 20% can be whatever you like.
3) Do exercises daily – they don’t have to long or hard – just do something! Set up a routine. I especially like doing workout/activities in the morning and at night.
4) Try new activities – change up your routine and you might discover something new and fun! Being fit and healthy isn’t about making everything strict and no fun. Try yoga, swimming, zumba, or rock climbing for a change!
5) Get motivated and inspired – I follow tons of Pinterest boards and Instagram accounts. One of my favourite websites is by Shawn Johnson. Check out thebodydepartment.com!
6) Find a workout buddy – it keeps it more fun. It could be your mom, friend, or, my favourite, your dog!
My favourite ways to exercise:
– bike rides
– trampolining (is that a word? haha)
My favourite healthy snacks:
-trail mix (unsalted)
– homemade muffins
– peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole grain bread
– yogurt parfait (to find out more about my favourite click HERE)
– cereal (not sugary) with fruit
– snap peas
– cherry tomatoes
– baby carrots
– frozen yogurt
– applesauce (unsweetened)
What do you do to be healthy?