I recently just reread a The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It has made me fall in love all over again. Here are some of the main reasons why I love THG.
1) Katniss – such a great female heroine, is a very realistic character who is determined, passionate, strong…but has weaknesses like everyone else
2) Peeta – so sweet, protective, and sensitive; who doesn’t want their own Peeta?
3) Action – it is very fast paced and exciting. It isn’t too dragged out and is easy to follow along
4) Excitement of the Games – as harsh as it is, it’s super intense and intriguing to read about
5) Short and sweet – Maybe the book is a decent length, but nothing is dragged out. Suzanne Collins gets to the point
6) Touching moments – Katniss singing to Rue; Peeta taking on Cato for Katniss; even Haymitch’s mentoring all make the book hit your soft spot and make you feel touched and inspired