Lately, beauty has been getting me down. I’ve felt bad about how I look and keep comparing myself to others. I wish my nose looked more like hers…her hair is so perfect…she must not have a worry in the world.
This has led me to come up with some ideas on how to feel and look more naturally beautiful. The first part will be all about attitude.
Truly the most important step is attitude. I think it really either makes you or breaks you. What’s a pretty face if they are actually really mean on the inside?
1) Stop comparing yourself to others – This to me is the most difficult step. With media shoving down their ideas of perfection, it makes us think that our beautiful and unique features are actually flaws. Learn to accept not only yourself, but everyone around you. We are all different. If you try and focus your whole life about changing your face shape, you’ll only get sad about something you can’t change.
2) Don’t think it’s bad to think you are beautiful – Often, if I have a day where I feel particularly pretty, I think I’m full of myself or delusional and end up feeling sad again. Why can’t I feel pretty? Understand it’s not a bad thing to love yourself.
3) Be a nice person – Be grateful, kind, listen to others, the works. This is what truly makes you beautiful.
4) Don’t make looks define you or rule your life – There are so many more important things. I think volunteering at your local hospital is a lot more beautiful than the shade of lipstick you have on. That being sad, you don’t have to ignore looks completely. I think that if you feel pretty, it can lead to confidence. Just remember to prioritize.
5) Let someone know they are beautiful every day – You know how great you feel when someone compliments your hair or your eyes. Make someone else feel that way too. Saying a few words like “I like your blouse!” can give someone a great feeling.
I will post some beauty/appearance tips later!
For part 2 click HERE